› Forums › MyID Announcements › URGENT – Windows Security Updates Causing Failures on MyID Server › Reply To: URGENT – Windows Security Updates Causing Failures on MyID Server
Intercede Support have received a number of queries in respect of other operating systems and what to do if the update has already been installed. The general advice is as follows.
- If the update has not yet been installed then hold off installing it until we have investigated it and formulated a solution/workaround to the problems it can create.
- If the update HAS been installed but there are no apparent problems then we see no need to uninstall it. We do however suggest that you maintain increased vigilance and watch out for any problems with DCOM / MSDTC.
- If the update HAS been installed and problems are occurring as a result then raise a support case via the normal means by sending an email via the normal channel.
To be clear, where this problem has arisen it has been catastrophic and rendered MyID inoperative. This is why we have chosen to alert everyone about this problem proactively. The main bullet point here is that the problem will not be subtle or intermittent.
Conversely, we’ve had a couple of reports of customers that do have this installed and have not seen any problems. We are investigating what the differences might be.
Other operating systems;
- For Windows 2016, we have been made aware of KB5005573. However we have had no reports of any issues with this update. The general advice as above stands for this operating system.
- For Windows 2008 we are not aware of any equivalent update since this operating system is now End of Life since January 14th 2020.
Once we have a workaround or solution it will be published on the Intercede Customer Portal. You can subscribe to MyID Announcements via our Customer Portal when you sign in with your Rapid ID. Simply go to the Announcement page and click on “Subscribe” next to the SEARCH button.